Michigan vs Minnesota
Please wait about 10 seconds before clicking play to give the video a little time to load.
- Title: Michigan vs Minnesota
- Date: 1953
- Description: This "Game of the Week" television broadcast sponsored by Phillips 66 includes sound. The game is considered to be Paul Giel's best game as a Gopher. He finished with 35 carries for 112 rushing yards, while completing 13 of 18 passes for 169 yards. Giel also intercepted two passes on defense and added 90 yards on kick returns. He handled the ball on 53 offensive plays setting a new Big Ten record.
- Format: Moving image
- Subject: Memorial Stadium (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Creator: University of Minnesota
- Rights: Use of this film is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the University of Minnesota. Please contact the University of Minnesota Archives for permission to publish this image. http://special.lib.umn.edu/uarch/
- Citation: University of Minnesota, “Michigan vs Minnesota,” Memorial Stadium 1924-1992, accessed August 1, 2015, http://brickhouse.lib.umn.edu/items/show/495.
- Tags: Films, The Gridiron